Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cute but Sad

My daughter Cara had a cute but sad quote this week.  We saw a small baby and she looked at me and said, "Mom, I wish Allie was a baby again."  So sweet and innocent, but timing is everything.  Today my baby turns 1.  I can't believe it!  Even her siblings don't think she's a baby anymore!  Looking at her now, crawling, standing, playing, talking, it's hard to see the tiny innocent helpless bundle we brought home just one short year ago.  Time goes by too quickly!  Happy Birthday to my sweet little one, the gentlest, happiest, easiest baby I've ever met.

My heart hurts today!  She's almost one of the big kids...



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Allison! You've grown so much in the last year. Now, your a big girl, and Mommy is sad. It's hard to believe that you're so grown, and Mommy is happy. It's so conflicting being Mommy.

    Your pictures are beautiful. Such a beautiful baby/big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once when I was sewing a dress for my baby daughter, my 2 year old son said, "If I grow down and be a baby again, will you sew for me?" Guilt and regret and fear flooded me and I made him a shirt. I wish he could grown down and be 2 again.

    ReplyDelete