Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Word of the Week

Well, after a very unintentional absence, the word of the week is back.  Please, dry your tears.  I've had a hard time finding time to do some writing lately...after another few bursts of writing frenzy, we should be back on track for the future.  Until Andy's surgery at the end of the month, that is.  Well, I guess we'll just have to play it by ear.  


So...on to the new word...


co·nun·drum n. a riddle, the answer to which involves a pun or play on words; anything that puzzles.


During this stage of my pregnancy, my brain power is very limited, so I find that I'm very prone to this sort of thing.


Here are a few explanatory sentences using our word:


Her husband had asked for the keys to her car without realizing the horrifying conundrum into which he had put her.


With the beginning of her morning sickness, the simple decision of what to eat for breakfast was now a conundrum which engulfed the lovely mother for nearly an hour every morning.  (also lunch...also dinner...)


Being a girl with a corny sense of humor, Helen giggled as loudly as her children over the cartoon conundrum.


How about you? 







1 comment:

  1. I was in a conundrum as to what to fix for dinner until my new wafflemaker came in the mail. Yes, the mail. I've been watching slickdeals.com for more than half a year, waiting for a great deal on a wafflemaker! YAY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete