Friday, February 17, 2012

Sonnets for February

The older I get, the more I realize that getting older is really not for wimps.  There is so much hardship and loss and pain, but there is still love...deeper love.  A love that lasts through the good times and bad is such a solace.  Nourishing and developing your love is always worth it.

I hope you all had as lovely a Valentine's Day as my sweetheart and I did.  Even with morning sickness and a broken back, it's so sweet to be together!


XXX


When to the sessions of sweet silent thought
I summon up remembrance of things past,
I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,
And with old woes new wail my dear times' waste:
Then can I drown an eye, unus'd to flow,
For precious friends hid in death's dateless night.
And weep afresh love's long-since cancell'd woe,
And moan the expense of many a vanish'd sight.
Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,
And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er
The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan,
Which I new pay as if not paid before.
  But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
  All losses are restor'd, and sorrows end.


Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment