Monday, August 1, 2011

Snore...

Does anyone else ever get tired of hearing this quote from every parent you meet?  I'm sure I've heard it ten times this week already.

"There's never a dull moment in this family!"

That's so boring!  Let's recreate it with some choice synonyms.

"There's never a bromidic, colorless, commonplace, interminable, stodgy, or well-worn moment in this family!"

Now doesn't that grab your attention?  Why reuse a dull line to describe the opposite of dullness?  I'm sure Cyrano de Bergerac would never have done so.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm . . . I have to admit, there are "commonplace" moments in this family. I happen to be a fan of the bromidic, colorless, commonplace, interminable, stodgy, well-worn . . . and boring moments. They are the fabric of our lives.

    You say I didn't get your point? Well, that's because I'm boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that without the colorless and commonplace...I'd never get a nap!

    ReplyDelete